1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

rubber cutting eges on concrete lots

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by smokin4by, Jan 4, 2010.

1. smokin4by

smokin4by Member
    from indiana

i was wondering how many guys are using rubber cutting edges on concrete drives? around here we have been running into alot of colored and stamped concrete drives and i am wanting to take all precautions not to put scapes or lines in them. i deal with these types of drives daily, and know what it cost to replace or repair them.

i wanted to get some feedback on the rubber cutting edges. who has them? who likes them?

i know boss has them for xt's and others, and i know they don't cut ice like steel, but i was wondering how long they are lasting?payup

thanks guys

2. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

READ ALL the other posts about rubber cutting edges.
    Search button is your friend

3. simoncx

simoncx Senior Member

I used mine for the first time in the last storm, most drives are older and some are new asphalt overall it worked very good and left no marks. As long as the snow isn't driven on it scrapes just as good but when its driven on the steel edge does a better job. Stamped concrete can be $$ to repair and if it happens you pretty much lost the customer even if it's fixed thats why I went with the rubber edge alot less chance of it happening. I got mine off ebay and it's 1.5" conveyer rubber and after the first storm there is almost no wear so it should last quite a long time. Also if you get the 8" wide edge you can drill the holes in the middle and flip it once one side is worn.

4. KAG

KAG Senior Member

Just did the same and ordered off of ebay to take a steel edge off a SS pusher box.