1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

rubber cutting edges??

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by andrewlawnrangr, Jan 9, 2005.

1. andrewlawnrangr

andrewlawnrangr Senior Member

where can i buy a rubber cutting edge from?
    i have a 8 foot meyer. if you have one for sale let me know

2. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

Big Nate sells them...Rob
  3. Wild Lake

Wild Lake Junior Member

Meyer dealer
  4. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

sorry for the dumb question, but im new to plowing, but what are the advantages of a rubber edge?
  5. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

They are quiet, they dont turf the lawn like a metal one. They dont move the gravel like metal, but they dont do hard pack very well. Im getting around that with a back blade...Rob
  6. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

ahhh that makes sense. do they wear quicker? oh and what is hard pack?

sorry for all the questions, im just trying to learn the ropes so when i finally get my plow truck I can be informed. Thanks again.
  7. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

hard pack is when alot of vehicles drive over the snow and pack it down.
  8. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

Hard pack is snow that has been driven on before its been plowed.

No they last longer then metal by far. They last up to 5 times longer then metal.
  9. NU-Plowr

NU-Plowr Member

you can get your rubber blade by the foot from www.angleos-supplies.com or just go up their. in Wixom. I used one earlier in the season before the ground was frozen, then, as the season progressed, ground froze, I just flipped the set up over, used the same bolts and plow with the steel blade now. I have noticed also that keeping the rubber blade between the steel edge and the plow itself seems to absorb some impacts when things are nudged.

Good luck.