1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

rubber cutting edge

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by simoncx, Oct 2, 2009.

1. simoncx

simoncx Senior Member

Anyone know where to order one online, rubber or nylon?

2. cfdeng7

cfdeng7 Senior Member
    from CT

3. simoncx

simoncx Senior Member

I've seen that on ebay and was going to order a roll to see how it holds up. I know the dealer had some but they were alot more and I think it was 1.5" instead of 1" on ebay.

4. snocrete

snocrete Banned

That stuff wont last, thats why it so cheap...................Simoncx , What are you looking to put the rubber edge on? truck/plow,machine/pusher? specs? I cant imagine using anything less than 1.5 inch thick, whether its on a truck or machine.

5. simoncx

simoncx Senior Member

It's going on a truck, all driveway work, no lots. Bascially just want to limit any damage on some driveways that are older, even if it lasts me 4-5 storms it would be worth it.

6. snocrete

snocrete Banned

4 or 5 storms!!!! are you serious? I guess if your expectations are that low then you'll be fine!!! I am just giving you my opinion, but I think you should look for something better! Even some used conveyor belting would be better than that stuff.

7. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

8. simoncx

simoncx Senior Member

This truck is only going to be doing driveways mostly 20-60ft long, no parking lots so I don't think it will wear that quick. The guy has 1.5" edges but I have to email him what size and length I need so he can get a quote. I was hoping to find something better but most of the other cutting edges that I looked at didn't look any better and were 4-5 times the price, at $75 I was thinking it might be worth a try.