1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Rubber cutting edge

Discussion in 'Pro-Tech Sno Pushers' started by abbottfarm, Jan 28, 2013.

1. abbottfarm

abbottfarm Senior Member
    from Maine

Is it necessary to remove the pusher from the loader when not in use to prevent any damage to the rubber cutting edge if the arms on the loader settle down on the pusher over a prolonged period of time?
    I've never done this, but the guy running my loader this year unhooks from it after every storm and I was just wondering if it really made a difference or not.
    It's a 14 footer for what it's worth.

2. abbottfarm

abbottfarm Senior Member
    from Maine

52 views and nobody has any ideas? Wow...:eek:

3. ScubaSteve728

ScubaSteve728 Senior Member

i have no experience with rubber edge snow pushers
    however i believe that if the actual edge is not bending or becoming dis formed from the weight of th pusher box and loader arms then it should not be a big deal to leave on
    if the edge is bending then maybe put a 2x4 under the outer shoes on the sides to keep the bottom of the edge off the ground

4. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

I dont have any But seen some at a BassPro they had theres sitting on blocks See daylight under the edge
    Hope that helps

5. Protech Inc.

Protech Inc. Senior Member

Customers will sometimes unhook the Sno Pusher from the prime mover to clear away or prohibit snow and ice buildup. Many of our customers keep the units attached throughout the season and have had no concerns or issues with damage being done because of the loader arms.

6. Protech Inc.

Protech Inc. Senior Member

The wear shoes will also restrict how much pressure is being applied to the rubber cutting edge.

7. abbottfarm

abbottfarm Senior Member
    from Maine

Thank you for the definitive answer Pro-Tech, that's exactly what I was looking for.

8. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

we park ours with the box tipped foward....but that depends on if your loader weeps....we have also used 2x4s at the back edges..as the rubber should only be down 3/4 of an inch