1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Rubber Cutting Edge

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Gordieg67, Apr 13, 2010.

1. Gordieg67

Gordieg67 Junior Member

I was wondering if any one uses rubber cutting edge instead of the steal ones? and if you do what do you use? And have you seen a reduction in lawn damage and how well to they clean the snow compared to the steal edge ?
  2. bhmjwp

bhmjwp Senior Member
    from kcmo

Works great on powder snow or slush. We have too much ice and hardpack here to be of much use. Ureathene can be an inprovement-but stiil not as good as steel. Either would reduce lawn damage.
  3. kcress31

kcress31 Senior Member

We use rubber and steel. The rubber works really well on the gravel lots especially in the warmer months. Two of our pushers have rubber on one side and steel on the other.
  4. maikhai

maikhai Junior Member

What about rust stains left on concrete? I have a Boss Poly V-XT and have 14 customers. Half are commercial. The only one that has rust stains is a residential on a steep incline (asphalt) and on top is 18 pads of concrete. I have several customers with concrete. Why just this one? And...How do I remove the rust? I have a 2500psi pressure washer and have used a coarse bristle broom to scrub TSP (which didn't work) and then a product called Rust-X which only had a slight effect. I tried the pin point nozzle to little or no avail. Any ideas? Thanks in advance for your help!