1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Rubber cutting edge on a Snowbear?

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by delagem, Dec 10, 2011.

1. delagem

delagem Member

Anyone have any experience with rubber cutting edges, especially on a Snowbear? My 10 year old Snowbear's cutting edge is getting very worn on the ends, got about 1" of clearance out there when the middle is just kissing the pavement.

A replacement from Snowbear is $150, plus shipping. My local welding shop quoted me roughly the same price.

I ran across this company:

And their product:

I'm not commercial, I do 5-7 driveways, mostly small, for family and friends.

It would appear that a 1" thick, 4" high cutting blade could be had for about the cost of $42, plus shipping.

Any thoughts?
  2. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

rubber wont last
    What size is ur plow
    I make my own cutting edges i use 5/8x8'' plate steel for 8'.6'' cost is 125
  3. snowbear1

snowbear1 Member

cutting edge

i scraped the snowbear edge after the first year
    went to a steel shop near my house and bought a piece of 3/8 thick steel
    cost about 30 bucks drilled out new holes been on for 4 yrs still got one year left on it
    i plow mostly gravel but i help at work which is tar