1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

rubber cutting edge 8'2" v

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by skidooer, Oct 29, 2008.

1. skidooer

skidooer Senior Member

talked to dealer and he has a rubber cutting edges for my plow that he ordered for someone else and did not take them, everything I plow is black top or paver and a couple of gravel drives and most want me to run shoes to ease the damage on the black top.
    do any of you run rubber edges I would love feed back. By the way he said 95.00 out the door for them.

2. Grass Master

Grass Master Banned

Rubber Cutting Edges

I know of a local company that runs the rubber edges on one of there trucks as one of the parking ramps has a rubber membrain that is dammaged by the steel edges. I asked him about them and he told me the plow needs to be parked with the blade up or the rubber will fatigue and roll either out or under the moldboard. Also they really don't work that well in a heavy wet snow.