1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

rubber center cuttingedge

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by drift buster, Jan 26, 2009.

1. drift buster

drift buster Junior Member

what a joke my rubber cutting edge is junk after 2 years i was wondering if anyone has made one out of steel or any help pleese i have 9ft 28v like the plow but down pressure is not what i call down pressure and it is slow going to vee to straight to angle to scoop can anybody help me its a lot slower than my hiniker plow help please

2. jimz2500

jimz2500 Member

I will try and get some pics of my bud's 8'3"(?) S W Lobo V.

He put steal all the way across his, including replacing the rubber ' foot ' .

I know he was sick of replacing it too.

As for speed, I will ask him and get back to you.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2009
  3. jhess

jhess Junior Member

Rubber Center Piece / 28-Vplow

The rubber center pieces have been an engineering weak point since ALL BRANDS of v-plows had been created and introduced. Owners of v-plows have had different ideas and solutions from replacing rubber centers with metal pieces, rubber or heavy canvas belts either behind the L &R wings, or same bolted on front of L&R wings. All the solutions I have witnessed for about the last 10 years have had little more durability than the original center rubber piece. Sno-Way in 2008 found a design solution to this issue in the new MEGA BLADE series V-Wing plow -- offered in 8-6 only. The rubber piece is ingeniously replaced by a new design of metal-to-metal as extensions from the L&R wing centers to always keep the 'gap' closed no matter what position the V-wings are in at any time. The slowness issue can be adjusted / tuned / addressed by your closest Sno-Way retailer.
    Jeff Hess / Sno-Way

4. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

I have a center steel piece and love it. Just make sure to use grade 5 bolts when bolting it on. You want the bolts to break if you hit something rather then bending the plow. Sno-Way hydraulics are slow but if you change the fluid and clean the screen it works alot faster. Make sure the batery and Alt are both good too.
    Ther is an old forum post in here with several pics of the steel center piece.

http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?p=503273&highlight=vwovw#post503273

5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Clean your filters including the pick and return (requires removing the reservoir), connect the power and ground directly to the battery, Have your dealer check the pump pressures to be sure your pressure relief is properly set. Check the quality and amp hours of your battery.

What is the pin height of your mount? to high a mount location will limit the down pressure's effect.

The steel center edges are the most effective. The poly units are a little safer. I'll snapped a poly on a lifted manhole cover once and have liked them ever since. Yes they wear but man they save your a$$ when your hit something dead center in the vee position.

6. jimz2500

jimz2500 Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and he said these control speed...don't know if its rue, but thats what he sais. 1 on drivers side, 2 on passengerside.
    [​IMG]

7. jimz2500

jimz2500 Member

8. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

:confused:Who told you this??????????

9. jimz2500

jimz2500 Member

the owner of the sno way blade
    he's a good bud and a great fabricator.... he said those sped his blade function up.. I have a boss that takes a likin and keeps on ticken . if they are NOT supposed to be touched, LET ME KNOW

10. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

It's a new one on me. I stated my opinion of your best solution, you can do what you want.

11. jimz2500

jimz2500 Member

No big deal here.
    I would rather have knowledge from someone like yourself.
    I'm new on here and know VERY little about Snoways.
    I'm just taking his word for it.
    I do know he hates the bull horn piece for the lift cylinder....he has had 2 shatter, so he built his own,lol.

12. linycctitan

linycctitan Senior Member

I see you have on your bench what every good work bench should have! A pair of ViseGrips, a Hershey bar & pack of smokes!!! Make mine a Special Dark though please!!!LOL

13. jimz2500

jimz2500 Member

I laughed, good stuff, dark it is...lol.

14. s_melchi

s_melchi Senior Member

So the guy gets on here bitcin about how his plow doesn't work and it's junk. Stirs up a storm of people trying to help him. Then he disappears?!!

That is one thing about this forum I don't understand. People get on here bitchin about something and then they just disappear. If they didn't really want the help or the advice why even post.

Seems crazy to me.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2009
  15. hydro_37

from iowa

He may have gotten the answer he was looking for and didnt bother to let us know it helped.

16. s_melchi

s_melchi Senior Member

True. I thought of that. But I would out of courteousy post a thank you to let people know I had my issue resolved. Especially after bad mouthing the product.

17. drift buster

drift buster Junior Member

rubber cutedge

thanks for the pics some of us have snow accounts and dont check the computer every day like some of us have time to do thanks for your help basher but the blade is still slow after i took the filters out and cleaned them they was not dirty but cleaned them any way when i have time have to go to the dealer and have them check it out still not happy with the down pressure

18. s_melchi

s_melchi Senior Member

Thanks for the update.

19. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Ok try putting a pressure gage on it and checking the pump pressures. Could be the pump is getting tired and the pressure needs to be increased. Don't try it with-out a gage, too much is an issue.

Thanks for the update. What fluid did you use?

20. hydro_37

from iowa

Make sure the battery is a good one. Mine tested good but wouldn't hold a charge when using the plow. A new battery and everything works great.