1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Rubber catch springs

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by plow150, Nov 8, 2004.

1. plow150

plow150 Member

Anyone have any experience with Fisher Homesteader/Western Suburbanite, specifically the three rubber "band" catch spring arrangement? Wondering how flexible they are when temps get cold, and how that impacts performance.

2. wfd44

wfd44 Senior Member
    from Maine

No first hand experience but, my boss has a Homesteader and loves it. The cold shouldn't effect the rubber springs that much.

3. plow150

plow150 Member

An update...

Thought I'd add to this now that I've had a chance to use it a bit. Recent snow dump left us with 12" overnight. First 5 were from freezing rain & ice pellets. Drifted on top of that. By morning it was fairly well set & crusty. Temps dropped to –38C. Tires were kinda square, thump thump, for a while. Didn't notice any problems with the plow on gravel or pavement. No more sluggish than the rest of the rig. Was pretty happy with it. Must admit that the spring arrangement takes some getting used to, appearance wise, but it seems to work well.