1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Rubber blocks keep breaking on 10' ld

Discussion in 'Arctic Sectional Sno-Pusher' started by dodge2500, Feb 3, 2011.

1. dodge2500

dodge2500 Senior Member

Does anyone have any suggestions to help us not break our rubber blocks on our 10' ld arctic sectional? It is pushed by a Gehl 6640 2 speed skid. The operator runs it pretty fast but I am just curious if anyone else seems to break these blocks on a regular basis? The plow was new this year and we have snapped 4 so far. Thanks in advance for any advice.
  2. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

You said it yourself....slow down when you come upon a bank.... I'm aggressive when I'm in my skid and on the first time out with the pusher I broke a block... my operator has pushed with the arctic for over 2 years and not broke a block (hes 63 years old it that matters)... yes he gave me a load of crap but IT WAS MY FAULT..... like i said I'm alot more aggressive then he is.... and I broke mine with my single speed skid, much less having a 2 speed....... simple solution...slow down (mabye give the operator a bonus for every block he doesn't break...start with $200 and for every block he breaks the bonus goes down by $50...the cost of the block)......

Good luck.... I wouldn't trade mine for anything....... after 13" of snow yesterday I was scraping hardpack like it was butter....loved it!
  3. pusherpro

pusherpro Sponsor

Mick you bring tears to my eyes quoting wisdom like that!
  4. Harold Finch

Harold Finch Member

Dodge 2500.. watch your curl also. Keep plate perpendicular to the ground.