1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

RTV900, HPX Gator, Utility Vehicles?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by fms, Nov 13, 2005.

1. fms

fms Senior Member
    from Maine

I'm looking for feedback on utility vehicles for sidewalks and small drive areas (i.e. loading docks and alleys).

Toolcats look great, but at approx. $48k properly equiped I'm not getting one anytime soon.

Has anyone had experience with the Kubota or John Deere Utility vehicles? I'm looking at a Kubota RTV 900 with plow, sander, cab, heat, work lights.

2. Ian

Ian Member

Gator HPX 4x4 diesel.

The thing is sweet. We don't plow with it but I am sure it can. The place we bought it from gave us a good price break. I think it was 7.5k. it is great to drive, but then, I didn't have to pay for it.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2005
  3. dirt digger

dirt digger Senior Member

my company has a RTV9000 diesel 4x4 with a 7 foot Meyer that was custom mounted. Plows the owners 1/2 mile uphill driveway like no other. Keep in mind the John Deere has belt drive, while the Kubota has a driveshaft.

4. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

You can get a blizzard 720lt on the kubota RTV (thanks to jerre designing one) I would go with the kubota, you will never wear it out. One of my customer's has one a loves it. He uses it all round his 32 acres he has.

5. dirt digger

dirt digger Senior Member

they really are bulletproof machines. The only thing I dont like about them is that when you let your foot off the accelerator it IMMEDIATELY stops the rear wheels, or all 4 wheels if its in 4wd. The hydrostatic tranny is great, they just need to work on the machine having a little more of a coast when you release the pedal...I don't know how the John Deeres are in that department.

6. fms

fms Senior Member
    from Maine

The Kubota does stop very quickly when you release the gas. It kinda freaked me out on the test drive, but I figure after 20 hours of work when a car jumps out in front of me or one of my guys, we'll have one less step to stop the unit.

7. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

Yea you an't kidding. I smacked my head on the windsheild of my customer's RTV when I was doing service on it for the first time (I don't know why, but he insists that I do all service work to his, 2 mowers, atv, kubota L4330, kubota RTV, Kubota ZD28, 3 trailers, tennis court roller, all of his 3 pt attachments and a 16' woods wide area mower) But hey is payup in my pocket.

8. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

Buy a Kubota RTV and put a Blizzard model 680 0n the front. Blizzard make a mount for the RTV's. Fully setup to plow. $17,900.00 with RTV, cab, heat, heavy duty front springs, and strobe light from the dealer I used to be employed at.

That's what I would do.

9. fms

fms Senior Member
    from Maine

Just drove the Kubota with a full cab, 6' curtis plow, and 350lb spreader on the back. They don't stop nearly as quickly when you let off the gas as with the stock unit. I'm real curious about plowing with it this winter. I'm thinking about training someone for my truck and I'll take the Kubota for the first few storms.

10. runeman

runeman Junior Member

Rtv9000

Anyone have knowledge of what the going rate is for the Kubota RTV9000?

11. LowesLandscapes

LowesLandscapes Junior Member
    from Mo

Worksite model is around $10,500. Base model around a grand less.