1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

RT3 right wing won't retract all the way

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by jdredskin44, Aug 17, 2013.

1. jdredskin44

jdredskin44 Junior Member
    from Iowa

I just changed the fluid on my RT3 vee blade plow. I followed the Boss video for changing oil. When I try and retract the right wing it will start retracting and then midway through the motion it will stop or retract slowly. I also have had problems with this wing flipping forward while back dragging snow. What should I be checking to fix this problem?

2. jdredskin44

from Iowa

I called it a wing but I meant the right blade in my initial post

3. BOSS_JG

BOSS_JG Senior Member

Do you have SmartLock Cylinders? Try changing the hose on the manifold from side to side. If the problem stays to that side it is the cylinder. If the problems goes to the other side it is potentially a problem with the valve. I would recommend giving our Factory Service Technicians a call at the factory at 800-286-4155 ext. 2 or contacting your local BOSS Dealer for additional assistance. Thank you!

4. jdredskin44

from Iowa

I do have smart lock cylinders. The blade is retracting now properly. I let it sit for a few hours and tried it. I found a thread by BB and got the tip on aerated fluid. On the test ; are you saying to swap the hoses on the SL cylinders to check for blockage in the hose?

5. BOSS_JG

BOSS_JG Senior Member

Glad to hear that the issue is fixed. The suggestion to swap out the hose was to help determine if there was an issue with the cylinder or valve.

6. jdredskin44

from Iowa

I will try the test. If the conclusion is the valve ,Which valve is it that would need replacing and is this something I can buy and replace or will this valve need some type of professional adjustment after installation?

7. BOSS_JG

BOSS_JG Senior Member

HYD1637 is the part number for the valve. If you determine you need this part please contact your local BOSS dealer for pricing and availability. I do recommend however, that you contact our service department in advance to make sure it is properly diagnosed. They will be happy to assist you.