1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

RT3 Plow undercarriage paint flaking??WTF??

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by tom_khollman, Nov 8, 2009.

1. tom_khollman

tom_khollman Junior Member

I went to the dealer to pick up my v-xt yesterday and I opened the undercarriage box today and there are all sorts of spots where the black paint is chipped off, some spots are the size of a quarter or more? Its right down to bare metal, this thing is going to look like sh## on my truck in a month, it just doesnt seem right that I have to paint it before I install it on my truck.
  2. bltp203

bltp203 Senior Member

Guess it just is something I got used to. I put a fresh coat of paint on my mounts every spring.
  3. 4wydnr

4wydnr Senior Member
    from N. IL

Refuse delivery make them give you a better one. You are the paying customer.
  4. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

I beleive that the plow frames are powder coated, I dont know why the mounts arnt, due to the mount gets 365 days of weather! but yes I recoat my undercarriage every summer, a few hrs and $10 fixed
  5. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

flaky !

you can ask them to give you a better looking one ,most will .were i used to sell plows you would be hard pressed to find one that was perfect !they go through a lot of handling between the factory and the dealer and they just bag around in the box .that was boss,western was about the same ,Curtis did have theirs wrapped up with left over pading and material from the cab division ,they came out pretty decent .:)
  6. s_melchi

s_melchi Senior Member

Did you call your dealer before you got on Plow Site raising hell?

That might be a good place to start. If we have damaged parts that come in they are replaced or the customer is offered a sizable discount and the companies reimburse us.