1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

RT3 mount question

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Camden, Mar 20, 2007.

1. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

I'm a noob so I apologize if this has been asked before...

Can I take a Smart Hitch II - RT3 mount off of a F-350 and put it on a Dodge 3500 if I'd do some clever manipulation of the brackets? I'm very handy with a welder and I think I could easily retrofit everything so that it would bolt right on but I'd like to hear from someone else before I start cutting the mount apart.

Thanks.

2. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

You might be able to trade for the right mount. Try posting it in equipment for sale forum.
    Try used plow dealers too in your state. You may be able to get her done a lot easier.Try junk yards too, trucks that have died this winter should be hitting there soon. I was on a. EMS call this weekend where a Chevy truck died with a nice Boss Mount on the front. ( It was rear--> ended at 55 by a full size van. )

Last edited: Mar 20, 2007
  3. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

no brainer

man you must have way to much time compared to money! you would loose about 75 percent of the mount you would have a job on your hands trying to fab this from scratch.definitely look for a used or offer a trade!!!!:salute:

4. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Like we say in the E.M.S. / Fire Service Work Smarter Not Harder!
    The Mount is out there, find it. The season's pretty much over. Someone out there will need what you have and might give you almost what you need money wise to buy what you need. The links above for parts have new truck side mounts available.
    ( Central Parts Warehouse ) If all else fails write it off on your taxes. Fabbing the mount may be a problem because you may not have it right and it causes damage or bends the frame or mounts for other stuff.

5. Lowes

Lowes Member
    from Mo

Last year I bought a boss plow off a Dodge. I cleaned it up. Painted it. Put it on ebay and sold it for $140. A week later on ebay I bought a undercarrige for my F250 for $129+shipping. The only problem is it was during the winter months when everyone is thinking of snow. Right now there are not many on.

6. tom5301

tom5301 Member

What year Ford did it come off of ? There is one on ebay for a Dodge Iam looking for a ford so get back with me.

7. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Sorry but I sold the plow and mount on here a couple weeks ago. Here's a suggestion...enter the part # of the mount you need into a Google search and you'll see a few dozen pages come up. You should have some luck finding one that way...