1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

RT3 mount on F250.

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Lowes, Jan 24, 2007.

1. Lowes

Lowes Member
    from Mo

Here is a question for you plow gurus.
    I bought a used Boss 7.5 plow off a 93 Dodge.
    I picked up a LTA03654C undercarriage for my 2003 F250.
    I received the mount in today and can't wait to sand it down, paint it, and put it on the truck. The mount looks a little different than what boss has on their website.
    (http://service.bossplow.com/undercarriages/lta03654.htm)
    The push bar has a set of rear bolt mounts in the center. It looks like the push bar is off the older F250's(http://service.bossplow.com/undercarriages/lta03653.htm)
    Also the rear support brackets look a little different than what the diagram shows. I was told this was off a 2000 F250.

1st pic
    Dodge and Ford undercarrige
    2ng pic
    Ford undercarrige

Dodge Ford RT3 mounts.JPG

Ford rt3 mount.JPG

2. rtm038

rtm038 Senior Member
    from NJ

I'm not sure what vehicle that mount is for, but it's not for a Super Duty. It looks like it's for a truck with IFS, like Chvey, GMC, mid-size Dodges and F-150/F-250LDs.

3. Lowes

Lowes Member
    from Mo

4. Lowes

Lowes Member
    from Mo

I cleaned and painted the mount. Just finished the install today. It bolted up just fine. I just have an extra set of tabs on the rear of the push bar. Now I have to troubleshoot why the plow will not work.

5. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

mount

are you talking about the brackets on the back of the pushbeam with the four holes?if so the side plates come down from the frame and bolt to them.get on boss's web sit and you can get a picture instruction sheet.

6. Lowes

Lowes Member
    from Mo

I have the mount installed. I was odd to see the rear tabs on the push beam.
    Hopefully Monday I will test it out.