1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Rt3 Mount on 88 f250 diesel

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Layinlow, Dec 22, 2010.

1. Layinlow

Layinlow Junior Member
    from Indiana

Does anyone know what clearance modifications need to be done to fit the boss Rt3 mount on a 1988 ford f250 diesel? Thinking of going away from my meyer straight blade and going to boss v-plow. Thanks for any feedback

2. bltp203

bltp203 Senior Member

I guess I don't understand your question. According to Boss the LTA03674 undercarriage should bolt right up.

3. bltp203

bltp203 Senior Member

4. Layinlow

Layinlow Junior Member
    from Indiana

From what I am learning..the Rt3 mount will bolt right up to a truck of those years with a gas engine. The trucks with diesel engines have a larger super cool radiator an they say the mount wont bolt up..

5. bltp203

bltp203 Senior Member

That would probably explain why the "diesel" engine option would not pop up in the drop down box........sorry.

6. Layinlow

Layinlow Junior Member
    from Indiana

No need to be sorry pal...all help is appreciated..I am just trying to get an idea before I actually spend the money on a mount..I have no problem modifying the mount...surely someone has put an rt3 mount on one of these trucks with a diesel

7. lude1990

lude1990 Senior Member

i have a 84 6.9 diesel but I havent mounted up yet do to i need to get all the nuts and bolts for it but i held up the brackets and everything seemed to line up just need to drill 2 holes for the brackets that mount up on the frame other then that it looked like it was bolt on.

8. Layinlow

Layinlow Junior Member
    from Indiana

One of my friends is a boss dealer an he found a technical service bulletin from boss that came out in 1996 if I recall an they listed a kit number they recommended but when he searched for that from boss no part could be found.

9. lude1990

lude1990 Senior Member

It is not just bolt on. You have to modify the radiator support at the bottom or cut a notch out of the mount.