1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

RT3 Help ?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by 86f350, Oct 15, 2011.

1. 86f350

86f350 Member

Im working on i believe a rt3 for a buddy unsure exactly because of no decal and we have always ran western. He just bought the truck a 2000 Dodge 3500 and when we hook up the plow the marker lights transfer over to the plow but the headlights do not come on. Should they automatically transfer themselves like a western or i hear there might be a aux headlight switch from Boss to transfer them yourself. Also plow will not turn left or right. It goes up and down no problem. Any typical problems with these plows? Im gonna check the coils and see if they are working. Just thought id see if theres any common problems first. THANKS

2. kurtandshan

kurtandshan Senior Member

Should be a switch inside the truck to switch from plow to truck for the lights. As far as the turning I'm not sure. Also an RT3 has a kind of hook/eye mounting system. An RT2 has a bar type thing truck side and plowcside has a slot type system. Please excuse the 'technical'terms. good luck

3. 86f350

86f350 Member

ok it is definatley a rt3 then. Ill have to look harder for a switch.

4. Indy

Indy Senior Member

photo of the frame would help a bunch

5. gtstang462002

gtstang462002 Senior Member

Check both the truck side connector and the plow side connector for corrosion. Very common problem when people forget to put the caps on when disconnecting the plow.

6. 86f350

86f350 Member

Thanks i dont have the truck at my house now to take a pic. But i know its a rt3 now because it does have the hook style and i printed info from Boss website and its identical to their pics.

7. 86f350

86f350 Member

got it. relays where corroded and bad. plus previous owner disconnected plow harness light adapters. Thanks for you help.