1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

RT2 vs RT3

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by bigboss1977, Jan 6, 2012.

1. bigboss1977

bigboss1977 Senior Member
    from Utah

So I purchased a used boss super duty straight blade plow this last summer....Anyways thought it was a RT2 but the guy I purchased it from just found all the manuals and info about the plow, called me up and gave me all the info so I would have it if I ever needed it.

Turns out its a RT3 with SH2

what's the difference between RT2 and RT3 boss plows? I'm guessing the RT2 plow are older plows than the RT3. But other than that I don't know.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2012
  2. Yooper75

Yooper75 Senior Member

Here a couple pictures to help you out.

RT2

[​IMG]

RT3

[​IMG]

3. bigboss1977

from Utah

Thanks......helped. Is it just the mount that is different.....nothing else.

4. Yooper75

Yooper75 Senior Member

Your welcome, the RT3 has a 13 pin harness and the RT2 has an 11 pin harness. The lights are composite head lights on the RT3 compared to the RT2 lights that either took the old glass sealed beam bulbs or had a smaller plastic version of the old cast aluminum lights that were used on the RT1 and RT2 plows from BOSS.

5. bigboss1977

from Utah

Gotcha, that helps a lot. Thanks again. So the RT3 plows are newer I take it.

6. Yooper75

Yooper75 Senior Member

Yes the RT3 is what is currently being produced by BOSS and I want to say production started in 2000.

7. bigboss1977

from Utah

Ok, great thanks again new boss owner still learning.

8. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

Think they started in fall of 99 I bought one in the fall of 99 its a RT3