1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

RT2 versus RT3 question

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Jguck25, Oct 15, 2010.

1. Jguck25

Jguck25 Senior Member

I am currently in the market for a boss v plow and i have my eyes on two different unit. The first is a 2006 8'2" power-v RT3.. The second plow im not sure of the year on it but it is a 9'2" power-v plow that is an RT2.. The price difference would make the older 9'2" around 5-6 hundred cheaper.. The pictures of it do not look to bad at all on it.

My question is weather or not the RT3 is that much more reliable than the rt2.. I am not too worried with spending a couple more minutes to hook up the plow so that is not too big of a deal.. I am also worried about getting the older one because v plows have a lot more moving parts which equals more wearout items..

Which would you guys reccomend?

I also would rather have the 9 ft plow.. even if i were to get the 8 foot v plow i would be eventually adding wings to it.. but this would add another 800 to get the boss wings

2. bltp203

bltp203 Senior Member

It would have to be a pretty clean and well kept plow for me to consider the RT2. Even then I would still have to get it for a great price.

Ultimately its your money and your call.......

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

An RT2 that's at least 12 year old vs an RT3 that's only 4 years old for a difference of only $500-$600 shouldn't even be a question really. Not that the RT2's weren't good but you'd be starting out with a piece of equipment that's already 12 years old and obsolete (by parts standard) minimum. Have to be careful what you'd mount an RT2 on also, not all trucks are comparable without extra expense.

Sooner see you have the '06 and add the wings if you want the extra width.

4. Jguck25

Jguck25 Senior Member

Thanks for all the information.. I am going to stay away from the RT2 and stick with the RT3 thanks guys. What do you think is a good price for a 2006 8'2" power v plow with brand new cutting edges on it?