1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

RT2 to RT3 Mount

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Scottscape, Nov 11, 2009.

1. Scottscape

Scottscape Senior Member

I've got a used boss straight rt3 with an 03-04 mount. I was looking on boss's website and they only list an rt3 mount for my truck. Is there possibly a way that I can mount this plow to my truck. I have read that maybe you can change the pushbeam?

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

I don't understand your post? If you already have a RT3 plow and mount why do you want a RT2 mount on your truck? The RT3 plow will not mount up to the RT2 mount.
  3. Scottscape

Scottscape Senior Member

They only make an RT3 mount for my truck which is an 08 F 350 and I wan't to mount an RT2 to it.
  4. cfdeng7

cfdeng7 Senior Member
    from CT

you said that the plow is an rt3. is this correct? or is it an rt2?
  5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You're correct there is no RT2 pushbeam for an '08-newer Super Duty. There also isn't a pushbeam from any other application thats the correct width to directly swap into an '08-up mount. But the '03 pushbeam you already have has enough meat to modify. ;)
  6. kdhuck

kdhuck Junior Member

I put a RT3 mount on my 2000 F-350 and just built a RT2 push beam was pretty simple