1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

RT2 to RT# wiring

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by yardsmith, Nov 13, 2008.

1. yardsmith

yardsmith Senior Member

hey gang
    I have an RT2 v plow, & looking at another v plow, & wondering if I get an RT3 v plow, will the wiring plug & controls from my RT2 v plow work? or will I have totally remove the wiring & put the RT3 wiring in?? It would be nice if all I had to do was change the mounts on the front of the truck....... please advise!
    thanks

2. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

As far as the controller goes you'll be fine. But I dought the 11 pin harness vees plows work in conjunction with the 13 pin harness vees. I know some will, like a straight blade.

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You'll have to change the truck side over to the 13 pin harness or else the Smart Hitch functions on the plow won't work. Nice thing then though is you'll be able to operate any Boss RT3 out there...11 or 13 pin, straight or vee makes no difference.