1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

rt2 plow died. i want to keep this thing going, please help..

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by GSS LLC, Mar 14, 2013.

1. GSS LLC

GSS LLC Senior Member

alright, old faithfull has had a rough life. (understatement of the century) she has done battle with a fire hydrant and every snow the state of iowa has seen since it was new. it is rough, bent, weld repair upon weld repair. now its just principle on keeping it working.

plowing and it just died. no up down left or right. no motor engagement, nothing. the light on the joystick housing for power on was dim. and when you move the joystick the light goes out until you release the joystick. i have direct wired the 10 pin plug, wiggled everything, traced for broken wires. and cannot figure this out.
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Sounds like you most likely have a weak ground. Don't base them being good on a simple visual inspection, remove and clean/re-tighten to be 100% sure they're good.

Second possibility is an internally shorted motor relay. Not too common but it happens.
  3. GSS LLC

GSS LLC Senior Member

i will re ground all the grounds today and let you knwo what happens.
  4. GSS LLC

GSS LLC Senior Member

bad ground at the pump motor! yay! it lives on. why does boss stuff everything as close to the snow as possible?