1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Rt2 mounting question

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by pipelayer, Jul 27, 2014.

1. pipelayer

pipelayer Senior Member
    from CT

Looking and an rt2 9'2 v- blade. I'm totally new to the boss plows, i run fisher, and have only run fisher, but this rt2 v plow is a killer deal, and now that I'm running a crew cab short bed as my truck id love a v plow. That being said I hear the rt2 mount is obsolete, however I can piece it together, individually to fit my chevy, 02 2500hd diesel. And the wiring, and controller I can get from a later truck? Correct me if I'm wrong, and if I can get a lead in the right direction that'd be awesome. Or if anyone has a mount, let me know. Thanks a lot.
  2. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

Look for a different plow RT2 sucks That's reason its a killer deal I still own one and it sucks its on a back up truck so doesn't get used much
    You wont like hooking it up
  3. pipelayer

pipelayer Senior Member
    from CT

ok. today i happened to see a buddy in the plumbing supply house, he has an RT3 straight blade 8' full trip moldboard plow. wiring harness and mount for my truck and controller and all. has decent cutting edge and is only a few years old. beautiful shape. my question is being that ive only run fisher, whats the comparison between the two, i have an 8'hd straight blade with a metal foil, it worked fantastic for me, and i can put it on another truck, just want to know the comparison, i understand its personal preference, and i know im not comparing apples to apples with a full trip boss to a trip edge fisher, but id like to know some opinions, because many people i know have switched, and love boss, however i know fishers inside and out. just curious. thanks.
  4. JustJeff

JustJeff PlowSite.com Addict

I don't understand the idea of swapping one blade for another comparable (straight blade) just for the hell of it. Seems like a waste of money to me. If you were switching to a v blade, or an expandable wing plow I could understand, but not to just switch one straight blade that is in good working condition for another.
  5. pipelayer

pipelayer Senior Member
    from CT

true, but I am expanding to another truck, so I would put the fisher 8'hd on that, just curious about the boss straight blade.
  6. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

They all have there goods and bads. Which dealer is close and offers good service. Theres the plow you should buy
  7. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

If I had a trip edge Fisher I wouldn't go back in time and buy a full trip plow
    You fisher is the beer plow hands down
  8. plowboy87

plowboy87 Senior Member

If your still wanting to put the rt2 on your 02 2500 buy the side brackets for a rt3. You will have to do some cutting and welding on the back of the push frame so you can bolt up the bracket for the back of the push frame. That way if you deside to get a newer rt3 plow down the road just change out your push frame and go. I did this to my 05 2500 diesel works great.
  9. Usedsnowplows

Usedsnowplows Inactive

I have an rt2 mount to bolt on to that truck if you still need it. 419 359 0965. Usedsnowplowsupply.com