1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

RT2 Left Wing Inoperable

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by miderbier, Oct 25, 2012.

1. miderbier

miderbier Member

I did a search but did not find any threads specific to my problem. I have an RT2 and when I hook it up everything works great but my left wing will not move. I have tried to connect and unhook a few times and cleaned plug and put some new dialectric grease in it with no prevail. I am not a professional mechanic by any means but am able to do some simple tests. Thanks for all the help!
  2. born2farm

born2farm 2000 Club Member

Check your fluid level.

Check all your grounds.

Check all solenoids for loose wires ect. I know one of them controls the wing out function specifically.
  3. BOSS_JG

BOSS_JG Senior Member

If you are still have issues, our service department at THE BOSS factory will be happy to assist you. They can be reached directly at 800-286-4155.
  4. bossman34

bossman34 Member

This is why I own a BOSS plow!
  5. miderbier

miderbier Member

born2farm-Thanks for the help. I will look at those items this weekend and see what i can come up with. If need be i will give them a call. Thanks for all the help!
  6. goel

goel PlowSite.com Addict

I had a blocked line once. Took the line off, the pressure that was holding the wing blew the crap out, tightened the line back up, changed the oil and all good.
  7. miderbier

miderbier Member

Ok guys I just checked oil and topped it off. I also checked all connectors and grounds. The plow moves up and down great but now neither wing will move. The pump is running but can't get movement on either wing just up and down. Thanks for the help!
  8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Assuming it's currently in the vee position so you won't be checking any wing retract functions, but you can check the extend functions....

Pull the pump cover and check both wing extend coils for magnetism before digging deeper.

Coil with the red wire is the R wing extend coil.
    Coil with the blue wire is the L wing extend.

See if you have mag on those with the respective functions pressed and we'll go further if needed. Be thorough with the test for accurate results. :salute: