1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Rt2 boss v wiring

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by BEER TIME, Sep 18, 2011.

1. BEER TIME

BEER TIME Member

well i took my wiring harness out of my 96 f250 and am putting it into my
    2000 f250. the problem i have is the lights, on the harness is the standard
    3 prong and on the truck is what i believe is hid lights with hb1/hb5 plug.
    can i get an adapter for this or just get differant ends for the harness and wire
    it in. also whats the best way to find a power wire off of the key switch. is it a certain
    color? any help would be great. thanks

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You simply need a set of Boss MSC03449 adapters and the headlamps will be plug and play.

Keyed ignition source can be had from the fuse panel in a couple minutes with a test light and a fuse tap. Preferably an Add-a-Circuit style fuse tap for the best reliability.

3. BEER TIME

BEER TIME Member

THANKS B&B! On the wiring harness there was a wire coming from a relay to the keyed wire. im assuming i should keep it this way and put in a add-a-circuit fuse tap? thanks again

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Correct. Anything that was keyed ignition previously you want to remain that way.