1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

RT1 Question

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by 1984 Dodge Plow, Oct 25, 2010.

1. 1984 Dodge Plow

1984 Dodge Plow Junior Member

Hello, been reading the forums for quite a while and very helpful. This is my first post so here goes.

I currently have a BOSS 7'6" RT1 Straight Blade on my '89 Dodge W250. My friend has a RT1 8' V Plow that he wants to trade. Is this as simple as just switching controllers, or do I also have to switch the whole under the hood system with him. Thanks for the help!

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Simply swap controllers too and you're good to go.

3. 1984 Dodge Plow

So just to make sure, swap both the controller and the under hood unit? Thanks very much!

4. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

I think he ment just the controllers?. Never used a RT1 so I have no idea. All you can do is try it and see what happens. The most it will do is not work.

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Correct, should have worded it "controls" as you need the valve body too. Pump unit itself can stay though.

6. 1984 Dodge Plow

Thanks a lot B&B!