1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

RT1 push beam height

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Mgbss, Nov 6, 2011.

1. Mgbss

Mgbss Junior Member

As it says. I inherited a 9,2 Boss V ( guy owed me money:gunsfiring:) and need the push beam height so I can finish building the mount.
    Thanks in advance.

2. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

I set my RT1 height at 11 1/2, not sure if its right but it works for me.

3. abbe

abbe Senior Member
    from RI

any photos of an rt1 mount?

4. Mgbss

Mgbss Junior Member

Thanks Maverjohn

I guess I will use that as a benchmark. They are the old style that had a chain to lift the plow

Last edited: Nov 7, 2011
  5. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

Yea, I used the into from bosses web site for a rt2 for my rt1 , I installed mine on a 89 chev 3/4 ton

6. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

mount height

look's like it's 11 1/2 inshes here' a page from the manual

scan0019.jpg

7. Mgbss

Mgbss Junior Member

Thanks Wild Bill, kind of hard to read but I think that says for a straight blade. I am looking for the 9-2 V blade maybe your paperwork has that, it would be nice if Boss still listed that info somwhereussmileyflag

8. wild bill

rt 1

i went out and got my manual this morning (in the rain) correct that mesurement is for the straight blade ,they give no exact mesurement on the vee plow .
    you have to have it in the vee position and mesure it from the ground to the center of the horizontal mounting pin .asumning the edges are in good shape .if you send me your e-mail i will send you some clear images .

9. Mgbss

Mgbss Junior Member

Wild Bill
    Sorry if I came across as an azz Again I appreciate the info and the trouble (out in the rain) to look it up and scan it in.

The plow was a basket case but it will have new Cutting edges on it and I will adjust accordingly. I will use the numbers given to build the truck mount and set as a base line

Thanks again

Joe

10. wild bill

mt

no problem !