1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

RT1 Mount help???

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by COLOFIREMAN, Nov 14, 2009.

1. COLOFIREMAN

COLOFIREMAN Member

I have a older model RT1 8.5' Vee blade. With no hope of finding a mount I need to make on but I would some help. I need some pictures from a member here that has a RT1 mount. From those pictures I can design a mount to fit my 01' Dodge.

Thank you in advance to any the reply.:drinkup:

2. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Your gonna have to mount the headlights and lift cylinder to the frame of the truck. Isn't that gonna mess with the airbags? Also couldn't you take your pushbeam from your old truck and use that to refrence what brackets you may need to fab up? And where they need to go to?

3. COLOFIREMAN

COLOFIREMAN Member

The only thing I received from the PO was the plow blade, nothing else. I guess I'm not understanding the concern about the air bags.

4. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

Because of how the lift cylinder and the headlights bolt to the frame on the old style RT1 plows it pushes the bumper out atleast 6 inches from its factory position. By the time you get this one all fabbed up onto your truck you might be better off buying a newer plow.

5. COLOFIREMAN

COLOFIREMAN Member

Thats a good point, the thoughts also crossed my mind to find a Western Uni-mount and fab the blade to fit the mount. Since it mounts under the frame instead of where the bumper mounts.

6. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

Do a search on ebay or craigslist for a plow. Personally I would just get a different plow and not do any fabbin on anything.

7. GeeeMCeee

GeeeMCeee Junior Member

Mount from 93 Dodge

Here are a couple of shots of the frame pulled off my truck, not the clearest but maybe some help. . Good luck.

Ebay 001.jpg

Ebay 003.jpg

8. COLOFIREMAN

COLOFIREMAN Member

Thank you very much. Looking at those pictures I can see how the OE mount was to be but I think I'm going to have to redesign it to fit better. Thank you very much for the picture.....thats what I needed!:drinkup: