1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

RT1 Motor set up?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by notime, Jan 13, 2011.

1. notime

notime Junior Member

Hello,
    I have an old 8.2 RT1 V that has been modified to fit into a fisher MM1 ( because I have several and can drop a problem plow and go back to a straight one. Any way my question is yesterday after plowing for several hours the pump motor appears to have set up. Is the motor the same for the later units? I have not had time to take it apart but I figure that as old as it is it probably is worn out and stuck.
    Thanks

2. notime

notime Junior Member

RT1 motor setup question??

Okay, after taking the motor apart last night I found that the power post for the motor was trying to weld itself to the housing because the insulator was bad. I am trying to find a replacement it is a Webster pack with a Prestolite motor # MEZ7002. Question, has anybody sourced parts for these old units? I tried to cross reference numbers and the motor number crosses to a western motor number that seems to be available. Of course no good pictures or measurements so I can double check before ordering. Any input??
    Thanks

3. Bashby

Bashby Senior Member