1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

RT1 info

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by lilherc, Jul 7, 2011.

1. lilherc

lilherc Junior Member

I just bought a RT1 8' 2" V I am replacing the pump assembly with a new pump. I am going to mount it on a 90 GMC 2500 The mount is from a Dodge but I do not see any problems reconstructing it to make it fit. IF someone has pics of the light mounts it would be helpful do to mine are missing, Also any other diagrams including wiring would be greatly appreciated. This plow has a large coil spring in the center for the trip any idea what year it may be? The best info I found was from B&B if yo can chime in please.
    Thanks in advance, Lilherc

2. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

I used the wiring diagram for a rt2 for my chev with a rt1, and it worked great.
    I can't help you with the springs, mine has three.

3. JOHNCTC1

JOHNCTC1 Junior Member

How is your rt1 doing? I have a rt1 7'6" v plow on a 95 k1500.

4. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

Mine is doing great so far, mine is also a 7'6" plow, still pushes snow and is out lasting truck !! LOL

5. lilherc

lilherc Junior Member

My plow is working great. I love it. The only thing I am having trouble with is the shoes are too short. and dont reach the ground. I need to buy new shoes with longer stems. :mechanic:

6. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

I bought mine about three years ago from northern tool, i think they were about $20.00 ea, Do you have a northern tool by you ?