1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

RT1 conversion

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by lilherc, Jul 12, 2011.

1. lilherc

lilherc Junior Member

I have a RT1 with the rocker switch control. Is there a kit to install a different kind of control, like a joystick or push button?

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

There's no "kit" per say but if it has an inline Molex connector in the rocker box harness (some did, some didn't) you can plug and play a joystick controller right in.

If you want a handheld controller you'll have to add a ground wire into the harness but that's do-able with a little work as well.

3. lilherc

lilherc Junior Member

Thanks B&B. I found a post from the past that you replied to stating you have wiring diagrams for the RT1 would it be possible to get them from you? I tried to figure out how to pm you but I am new to this site and have not found how to do that. The plow I have has a Rubicon control with a Monarch pump

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If it has the Monarch pump then she's an oldie if it's original to the plow setup. :salute:

You need to have ten posts and be a member for ten days before the PM function becomes active but don't worry, I'll see if I can post a couple of the old RT1 diagrams right here tomorrow....if not we'll do it via email.

5. lilherc

lilherc Junior Member

Decided to stay with the rocker switches but have a question. The raise and lower switch seems to be locked out from the up position unless cycled to down position and imediately to up position. Is this normal or do I have a bad switch? Still waiting for a wiring diagram from B&B. Thanks for all your help

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

No it's not normal, the switch is worn out. You can still find them new though if you dig around a little.

I'll have to email you the diagrams, they're too large to fit here and when I shrink to fit they're unreadable. Just need an email addy to send them along.

7. lilherc

lilherc Junior Member