1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

RT1 9.2 V 13 pin plug?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Mgbss, Dec 26, 2011.

1. Mgbss

Mgbss Junior Member

I am rebuilding a RT1 V Plow and want to install a plug at the grill I assume it is 13 pin?

Best place to purchase? do they come in a repair kit with both halves or buy both separate ( plow side- truck side)

Last edited: Dec 26, 2011
  2. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

I guess I don't understand, RT1's are hard wired to the truck when you disconnect the plow you pull the locking pins and disconnect the hydro's. where are you using the 13 pin connector?

3. Mgbss

Mgbss Junior Member

yes the RT1 is hard wired but I want to put a plug in the harness at the grill as I am putting the the pump out on the plow frame and will be removing the frame from the truck in the spring. would I need a 13 pin plug or an 11 pin. I can get into the harness to find out what I need just thought someone would know

Last edited: Dec 26, 2011
  4. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

I also moved the pump out from under the hood, but I keeped the control valve body under the hood by adding longer hydro lines.

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Purchase a 13-pin extension harness and cut it in two. It's 6' long so if you cut it in the right spot you should be able to reach the components on the lift frame without adding to it requiring less connections there. Plus, it's even a little less expensive than purchasing two repair ends separately and it's much longer allowing more flexibility on a custom install anyway. P/n is MSC07672.

6. Mgbss

Mgbss Junior Member

Thanks B&B that's a great idea.

Almost done with this project but hasn't been an issue yet as we still don't have any snow here in central Mich :cry: