1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

rt1 7'6" v plow

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by boss master, Aug 31, 2016.

1. boss master

boss master Junior Member

new to the site here, does anyone have a diagram of how to hook up the plow contols to a solenoid on an RT1 plow. I purchased the plow from a guy that had it on a 89 3/4 ton chevy and I'am installing it on a 98 1/2 ton GMC. I have come to find out that the pump and solenoid were mounted under the hood on the 89 chevy, needless to say I had to do some mods to get the solenoid to fit under my hood but don't have any diagrams on how to hook the controls up to the solenoid. I plan on making a mount to put the pump on the plow braket itself...any pointers would be greatly appreciated
  2. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

I would contact BOSS for the wiring diagram http://www.bossplow.com/contact-us they have great tech support/customer service.
    Not to be a butthead but you're name leads one to believe you're a guru of sorts and shouldn't need any pointers for making a mount..... My only pointers are, you'd be better off modifying a exiting mount rather than building from scratch, copy frame mounting points and don't use a 110V MIG Welder.
  3. boss master

boss master Junior Member

lol..yeah the user name is something just off the top of my head and yes i'am using the original braket for the snow plow to mount the pump on to not building a braket from scratch