1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

RT II Light Tower Problem

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by PR Fect, Jan 26, 2013.

1. PR Fect

PR Fect Member

When we dismount our RT II from the truck mount, the light tower falls forward into the plow. This makes a one man re-mount all most impossible. Any ideas what I should be looking for?

2. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

I dont have a pic but I made a kick stand for the tower Right before un hook place it and back off and tower stays put

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

That's what its suppose to do.

4. PR Fect

PR Fect Member

It may be what it suppose to do, but it does not stay up when you pull it up, so how do you drive into it to mount back up when the mount is pointing up in the air?

5. Antlerart06

Its a 2 man job with out the kick stand Next time I remove the Boss vplow I'll take pics

6. coldcoffee

coldcoffee Senior Member

If I'm understanding your question and the tower isn't locking itself into place once you've powered it up...try pushing on the tower (once it's up) to manually set it.

I have to sometimes push on mine to give a little boost, because my truck sits high. I can do it w/ one hand. I don't use the kickstand, I use a floor jack or a 4x4 to pry it up instead...when I'm lining up the bottom end.

7. Antlerart06

Who driving the truck when you a holding a RT2 light tower up to line it up The OP I say dont have the power hook up switch I know mine dont
    Thats why I made a kick stand for the tower

You didnt understand read it again He said When we dismount our RT II from the truck mount, the light tower falls forward into the plow. This makes a one man re-mount all most impossible. Any ideas what I should be looking for?

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

9. PR Fect

PR Fect Member

Thank you B&B! That's exactly what I was talking about. Thanks for the link. I just going to post a picture of my problem. I do not have the tension bracket, but I will make one today!

RII 001.jpg

10. PR Fect

PR Fect Member

Here is the fix, if anyone else is running a 14 year old plow and could not open B&B's link.

R II w Tension Bar.jpg

11. Antlerart06

Mine dont have that and I work on a lot Rt2 plows never seen one
    one I made went between the center of mold board and tower long rod
    Thanks BB
    person never to old to learn something new
    Wish I was told that that was a option in 99

12. PR Fect

PR Fect Member

Ant, do you have a picture of your set up? I'm got my kid looking up a part number at his work. ( Boss Dealer) But my guess is I will need to fab someting.

13. Justinpost440

Justinpost440 Junior Member
    from Dekalb

I just use a 32 inch 2 by4 and wedge the tower up.