1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

RT 1 Power V Conversion??

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by crossroadsauto, Nov 21, 2010.

1. crossroadsauto

crossroadsauto Junior Member
    from Indiana

I have a RT1 9" 2" Power V in great shape. Have had it on my old 88 3500 SRW Chev for years. The truck has given its all and has made way for a '05 2500HD Crew. Would like to move the blade to the new truck. Well do I fab all the mounts? Or has anyone tried to put the new frame ( push frame and mounts) on a older plow? I've already priced new plows and can go that way but just have to try to save buck because that's how I was raised.
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Nothing interchanges from an RT1 to something newer that would allow you to run a newer RT2 (which is also obsolete now) or RT3 mount on your late model truck and nothing good will come from trying to adapt the RT1 conventional mount to a truck that late model, including any possible liabilities from having a permanent mount on an airbag equipped vehicle. The old RT1's were a good plow in their day but it's time to update the plow to match the truck.