1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

RT-1 motor replacement

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Ranger33, Nov 8, 2011.

1. Ranger33

Ranger33 Junior Member

This group has been very helpful in the past so TIA. I have a Boss RT-1 V blade that still has it's original pump and valve body. When I went to use it last week the motor was dead. I took it to my Boss dealer and they said they could get a new motor. That didn't work out. it seems it's a counter clockwise rotating unit. The plow has a John Barnes pump on it. Is this motor or a replacement motor available or should I buy a replacement pump/valve body?

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If you dig around online with the motor number you'll find they're still out there and available reasonably priced.

3. Ranger33

Ranger33 Junior Member

B&B that would be my hope as I've already had lots of expensive options forwarded. The problem is that the motor has lost it's print info over time so it's unreadable.

4. Ranger33

Ranger33 Junior Member

I just talked to a guy at WWW.centralparts.com. They are selling a motor called an "old style" motor that is a single post counterclockwise unit. Part # HYD 1553. Does this ring a bell with anyone?

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The p/n doesn't ring a bell but if their claiming it's a CCW and slotted motor it should work on your older Barns unit.

6. Ranger33

Ranger33 Junior Member

Thanks. It's in the mail and time will tell. You were right on the price,110 bucks which is a third of where the dealer had me. Thanks again.

7. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

We have an aftermarket that will work as well for the old boss, and many monarch pumps, 85.00