1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Rplacement e47 motor

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by mostrowski, Oct 29, 2008.

1. mostrowski

mostrowski Junior Member

I need to replace the electric motor on my e47 pump.

I'm looking for information or opinions on the reliability / quality of aftermarket or rebuilt motors vs. an oem Meyer motor.

Is it worth the extra $$ for Meyer brand parts?

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The oem motors are of far better quality/reliability than most of the aftermarket stuff. Just another instance where you get what you pay for. :nod:

3. mostrowski

mostrowski Junior Member

Thank you for the reply. That's kind of what I figured, I believe the Meyer motors are only $30-$50 more, not a whole lot for some extra reliability.

Michael

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The difference is actually closer to $100, $80 vs $180...but still worth it. wesport

5. bronco69

bronco69 Member

Check angelos supplies.com The aftermarket motor is 49.99 and the oem motor is 155.99 not to mention they are cheaper on almost every plow part that I have needed.

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

you get what you pay for. The $100 saving goes away real fast if you have to change the Aftermarket motor in the middle of a storm. If you buy aftermarket, use your savings to buy a back up.

7. murphyslaw

murphyslaw Senior Member

8. mostrowski

mostrowski Junior Member

Thanks again for all the replies. I just recieved an oem motor from Angelos. I hope it is indeed a meyer motor, the one I was sent has a bare galvanized metal housing and no markings other than a part number. I kind of assumed the oem unit would at least have yellow paint or the meyer name on it somewhere.

Michael

9. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

What was the cost of the motor?

10. mostrowski

mostrowski Junior Member

The cost was $155.99 plus tax and shipping for a grand total of about $180.

My 1993 dodge truck service manual says both bosch and prestolite motors were used and described the bosch as flat topped and having no markings (that's what I got). I installed the motor and it works fine, just would like to be certain I recieved what I paid for.

11. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

For $155.00 I'd say you did get the genuine Meyer motor as the aftermarket motors cost less than half that.

Your physical description of the motor sounds like a genuine Meyer motor as well, the aftermarket motors are normally black epoxy coated. So I'd say you got what you paid for..