1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by snowdance, Dec 30, 2011.

1. snowdance

snowdance Junior Member
    from Ontario

Do you guys do a big loop, or take care of the GOOD clients first.
  2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

More of what time it starts to snow.
  3. EdNewman

EdNewman Senior Member

Scheduled loop for each team. Loops rotate the start point so every customer is alternatively early in the loop than later in the loop the next storm. As fair as we can be.
  4. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

So you want to drive around to do your better clients, then drive around again to plow your not so better clients?

I dont know about you, but I dont make $$ driving between clients, the least driving I can do and the more plowing the more $$ I make.
  5. snowdance

snowdance Junior Member
    from Ontario

BOSS LAWN Senior Member

I route it out as the priorities accounts first (businesses, restraunts), then the ones that wont really care as long as it is done within a reasonable time. Same for res. seasonal customers (already paid) come first.

I do a large loop from my place going east, south, west, north. Saves gas.
  7. downtoearthnh

downtoearthnh Senior Member

I always assign routing to each truck, and have a standard policy that clients can call on the mobile phone if there is an emergency or unusual schedule. 90% have not abused the courtesy, and those that do more than once get a 25% upcharge for priority service.