1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Route Maps

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by natmag82, Nov 24, 2012.

1. natmag82

natmag82 Junior Member

Hi All,

I am wanting to create overview maps of all my plow accounts and be able to highlight the parking lots in one color and highlight the sidewalks in another color so my plowers and shovelers know what is their responsibility.

I have tries using Google Earth and even the trial version of Google Earth Pro, but can't figure out how to make the lines.

If anyone is familiar with this or has any ideas....I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance!:)

2. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

Google earth make lines yourself

3. natmag82

natmag82 Junior Member

Do you mean make the lines manually? Print out the map and then draw lines??? I'm not sure I follow.....

4. Cover Guy

Cover Guy Senior Member

I print them out draw boundary lines and mark were to pile snow and then just make color copy's so each truck or loader has a copy I put them in plastic sleeves and then in three ring binders

5. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

To clarify. That's what I do also.

6. natmag82

natmag82 Junior Member

Thanks guys....that's probably what I will end up doing too!

7. Triton2286

Triton2286 Senior Member

Why not open the files in "paint" or photoshop and color it that way?

8. Flawless440

Flawless440 PlowSite.com Addict

Thats what my wife dose

9. NorthernSvc's

NorthernSvc's Senior Member

I download the picture then do it in microsoft paint...

10. DavCut

DavCut Member

A slick way of marking up photos is to insert them into Excel then use the "drawing tools" to highlight what you want. To get the aerials from the other program we use a program called "Snagit" to capture the image then paste it into Excel.

If you invest the time to make them up once you can print out fresh copies any time you like.

Dave

11. CGM Inc.

CGM Inc. PlowSite Veteran
    from Ontario

X3 :drinkup: