1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Rough night...

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by MarkEagleUSA, Feb 9, 2013.

1. MarkEagleUSA

MarkEagleUSA Senior Member

I went out last night at the height of Nemo around 10pm to try and clear my driveway. It was snowing so hard I couldn't see past the plow lights. I probably should have stopped but wanted to get the foot or so that was on the ground out of the way. Well, the plow tripped and the truck rode up on the hardpack and beached itself. The snow was so deep along the driveway that I could barely open the door to get out. Spent about 15 minutes trying to dig her out before giving up. Here's what it looked like this morning.

All that horsepower with 4WD and I end up clearing my driveway with a 25-yr old 5hp 24" snowblower, plus about an hour on my stomach trying to dig out from under the truck.
  2. xgiovannix12

xgiovannix12 PlowSite.com Addict

that sucks man.... Live and learn I guess.
  3. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Thats a sharping looking chevy u got there.
  4. abbottfarm

abbottfarm Senior Member
    from Maine

Boy that sucks!
  5. pinepointe

pinepointe Senior Member

I just wish I had enough snow to have that problem, lol.
  6. scott3430

scott3430 PlowSite.com Addict

What a mess! Good job on getting out at least. Good thing you had your snow blower! Thumbs Up
  7. MarkEagleUSA

Took just a bit of work. She was headed downhill and I couldn't get anything behind her to pull with.

8. xgiovannix12

xgiovannix12 PlowSite.com Addict

thats a lot of snow. We only got 13 inches.
  9. MarkEagleUSA

Unoffically they're saying we got 37". I'd like to know how they can tell with all the drifitng we had. Certainly had at least 2 feet out there.
  10. eastcoastjava

eastcoastjava Senior Member
    from Boston

Good to see you got yourself out. Unlike some of the idiots around me, was driving along in a loader hit some crazy drifts and slammed into a hidden car. Checked to see if anyone was in it, it was clear and i pushed it off the road in to an empty lot, thing was already totaled so o well, i should have left my contact info. Thats why the governor of MA said to be off the roads at 4pm, so in a way they deserved it.
  11. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

12. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

That's sick ! A plow truck buried ????

That just means you weren't up all night pushing snow.....:)
  13. bowtie_guy

bowtie_guy Senior Member

Now that's alot of snow!!!
  14. eastcoastjava

eastcoastjava Senior Member
    from Boston

wasn't a plow truck, it was a little toyota, and yes i was lead in a tandem of two cat 960 loaders and i was seeing drifts as high as 15 feet by this main drag which is on a harbor thats were i found the car. but i had to pull many contractors out today, they felt ashamed a 20 year old kid was saving their a$$
  15. allseasons87

allseasons87 Senior Member

I think he was talking about the OP's truck. Not sure though
  16. theholycow

theholycow PlowSite.com Addict

My neighbor here in northwestern RI measured 37 1/2" on his deck, where none could drift onto the deck (though some might make it past the railing balusters to drift off).

I know it's a bummer for the owner of the car but that car's fate was sealed long before you arrived, so we might as well get a laugh out of it.

Hey, come to think of it, should have parked my wife's POS Isuzu out on the road. Too bad it's too tall to hide under the snow.
  17. MarkEagleUSA

This picture was taken after plowing the upper part of the driveway just before I got stuck. At that time there was at least a foot on the ground. Here it's around 2'. And the truck was clean of all snow when I got stuck.
  18. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

no neighbors to help out?....when it gets that bad the truck gets parked and i fire the 4wd tractor up with the 8'blower...nice to have a choice...still have walk behinds in the barn too!
  19. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

Plow truck buried? I don't see anything unusual here
  20. TLB

TLB Senior Member

Boy you guys got blasted over there.

We had about 10" on Thursday night then the winds were at about 20-30 mph and made a mess out of it.