1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Rough Night... plow wont lift LT680

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by puredreamz, Jan 4, 2011.

1. puredreamz

puredreamz Senior Member

havent had a problem for about a month straight, so i go out tonight everything was fine, while i m doing my contracts, at first it would lift like 2 inches off the floor no more no less.

I made the call to keep going to try to finish my contracts, as i get to my last property, it goes down and doesnt come back up, ANY IDEAS?

in desperate need i had to drive home with the plow down, luckily the last property is close to my home.

I hear the pump going as i play with the joystick, and left right and down work. ANy ideas, hydraulic fluid, contact issues ???
  2. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

Check fluid level and condition, did you drain and flush as part of preseason? Filter could be crudded up. Check pump output pressure (you'll need a gauge). Also as you reportedly had problems with your harness in other posts, you may be having problems with the pins at the connection between the truck and plow side harness. Specifically, the white wire, which provides lift, is positioned between the 2 large terminals (+ and -) on you plug. Look at the condition of that, is the rubber plug burned around it? From there, the white wire runs to the diode, would need to know whether you have the diode board or the plug pack that is shrink wrapped. At any rate, unplug whichever you have, and use a test light to see if you are getting power at the terminal for the white wire while you have a buddy hit the lift from the truck control.

Alternatively, does the power hitch switch lift the plow? If so, then you would know the white wire has a problem. If it doesn't, you might go towards the direction of pump/fluid issues, but then again, you did have problems earlier with your power hitch IIRC.
  3. puredreamz

puredreamz Senior Member

hasnt been drained yet not even for preseason. what does the filter look like is it in the resevoir?

Output pressure not sure how to do that

plug not burned around it

i ll check power to that white wire.
  4. puredreamz

puredreamz Senior Member

Fluid migh t have been drained when it got serviced, its got a green fluid, can see right through it no dirt, 3/4 of the reservoir full. COuldnt find the filter u were talking about.

output pressure not sure how to do that

plug around it not burned

the white wire in between the power and the ground right in the center mddle, i checked from the truck side it has power, when the joystick is pressed in the raised position. Should i check from the hydraulic side?
  5. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

Yes,if that all checks out, may be your pump
  6. puredreamz

puredreamz Senior Member

its wasnt the pump, how can the pump go and left and right still works???

Thanks to the good guys and great service at Kooy Bros. apparently some was blocking it from raising
  7. fireside

fireside Senior Member

make sure your filter is not lose and turns when you try to pick up the plow. Fliter is inside your fluid storage tank. It may still angle. The other problem may be stuck cartrige for lift swap lower with lift and see if that helps. Th only thing is the plow may not lower
  8. puredreamz

puredreamz Senior Member

its fine now, something was caught in the power hitch it wouldnt lift
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2011
  9. Plowtoy

Plowtoy Senior Member

I have had issues like that also, I did have ice and gravel build up on the lift arm on my 680 earlier this season causing it not to drop all the way. I also had on my 720 this season, the wet heavy snow stick to it and it didnt want to lift, but just knocked the snow off and it was fine
  10. puredreamz

puredreamz Senior Member

they said it was buildup in the arm i didnt know that could happen now i know, maybe carry something in the truck to clean it off