1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

rough idle on 6.0l 2500hd

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by grosser397, Dec 6, 2008.

1. grosser397

grosser397 Senior Member

hey guys i need your help. i have a 2004 2500hd with the 6.0 and it has been idling rough and sometimes dies. i replaced the intake manifold gaskets. This 6.0 was the later model that they switched the fuel pressure regulator from the rail in to the fuel model in the tank. and other solutions? mass air? o2 sensors?
  2. mikeauto1

mikeauto1 Junior Member
    from nh

rough idle

hi i had the same problem with mine, gm has a bulletin out for these 6.0l with electronic throttle body no throttle cable for rough idle and sometime stall, clean the throttle body with a carb cleaner it gets gummer up betweenthe bory and the throttle plate, if that does not fix it there is a reprograming of the ecm with new software. but try cleaning you throttle first should take care of it.
  3. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

Try a can of Sea Foam in the tank... ( Full Tank )......
  4. Mxrider069

Mxrider069 Member

is these a SES light?

Possibly a crank sensor
  5. ChevKid03

ChevKid03 Senior Member

I had the same problem in my 03. Replaced the throttle body after trying to clean it. All problems went away. Did it do this before changing the intake gaskets?