1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Rough Country Leveling Kit

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Stik208, Oct 31, 2011.

1. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

I figure since my Sierra will most likely not sell I am going to look into doing some mods. I want a leveling kit since there are no t bars anymore. I came across this Rough Country kit (http://www.roughcountry.com/chevy_4wd_leveling_kit.html). Anyone have experience with these?
  2. slicksierra

slicksierra Junior Member

Havent had personal experience with a leveling kit but i did crank my stock keys which is practically the same thing... I can say it will definitely help level out the truck. I would say all you need is the keys to level it. If you throw the larger block in the back you will have to crank more on the keys which will kill your cv angels which are very important especially if you plow. My suggestion to you would be save your money on the rough country kit, see how much crank you can get out of your stock keys, get an alignment than use the money you saved to invest in Timbrens i have heard those are great for plow trucks
  3. slicksierra

slicksierra Junior Member

Disregard my last i didnt know you had a truck without keys... in your case get the kit and some timbrens... that kit looks really good and cheap
  4. mossman381

mossman381 2000 Club Member

Thats about as easy as it gets. Price looks great too. Are you trying to fit bigger tires under your truck?
  5. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

Nope, just not a fan of the rake.
  6. Iceman26

Iceman26 Junior Member

I'm not sure if this helps in your decision but click on this link below. This is what I did to bring up the sagging front end. It's not totally level which is what I wanted.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

7. BIGGB9

BIGGB9 Senior Member

I have the rough country leveling kit on my 2010 sierra 1500 and it works great. 70 dollars plus an alignment works great with my plow truck.