1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Rough Cost of new Fisher

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by JeepTJ00, Jan 18, 2009.

1. JeepTJ00

JeepTJ00 Junior Member

Hey guys, been lurking around here for a long time, and am now looking into a 7.5' HD fisher plow for my 04' Dodge Ram 2500 5.7 liter. what is the price range i am looking at spending if i just buy everything and install it myself? I know it is a very broad question but just looking for a ball park. I live in Holliston Ma right outside of Framingham.

Bob

2. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

around $4,500, depending on accessories

3. fisher guy

fisher guy PlowSite.com Addict

300-500 for install 4250 up here up in haverhill for an 8 fter 7.5 is alil small for that truck i got a 250 and i wouldent put on anything smaller then an 8 even though fisher says all i can get is a 7.6 hd 8's are all we run on the 3/4 tons here

4. JeepTJ00

JeepTJ00 Junior Member

Alright guys, Thanks for the information! I will continue my research for dealers and see what I come up with :)

Thanks again!

Bob

5. PlowboyVT

PlowboyVT Member
    from VT

These guy's had an add in the auto hunter. Don't know a thing about the dealer, but looked like a good price and no sales tax in NH.

http://www.seacoastplowcenter.com/

6. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

If you want a good used Plow for your 2004 Dodge 2500, I have a complete Used 8' Diamond trip edge plow, it's in very good condition and it comes with everything , including a new cutting edge. $2650 I can also do the install for an extra fee

call
    508 753 6617

7. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

i think nascar is giving u a solid deal, call him

8. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

Thanks for the pitch! I appreciate it.

What he is looking for is the most difficult application to find this season, I have had two Diamonds for a late model 2500 Dodge, the first one I had to buy new mounts to make the package , OUCH!.

For some reason this season everyone has gone Dodge crazy, lol No matter what the year , from 94-2008 they have all been strong sellers! I can sell every plow I have set up with Dodge mounts, sold and installed one on Saturday. The buyer said he has been looking for months, I know he has called me at least three times, finally I had what he needed. Just two months ago I had three Dodge boy's in my driveway fighting over two plows! The odd man out waited another two weeks and I hit the jackpot for him, an exceptional 7.5' EZ Mount Poly Classic, he was thrilled to get it! I have another 06 1500 customer waiting for a 7' Meyer MDII that I'm in the process of putting the pieces together, blade is out being sandblasted, and should be painted by the end of the week, along with the pump out being rebuilt , hopefully this Saturday everything will be here for re-assembly and testing.

Last year it was Ford F150's now I have extra sets of mounts for them from ,1997-2008 models, which is ok, I'll always have a need for them

I know this has vered off course from the original request and if the OP specifically wants a Fisher I do have a nice 8' Minute mount plowside only, but again it's the mounts that are a killer for a Dodge.

Jay
    508 753 6617

9. bersh

bersh Senior Member

As was mentioned, with that truck you should be looking at least an 8' plow. It will handle it no problem, and you'll be able to run it at full angle without driving over your windrows.