1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

rotted fuel rails HELP

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by gskara, Mar 6, 2011.

1. gskara

gskara Junior Member

I have just taken over maint on a fleet of f250s that have not had real maint. (32 of them)
    About 60% of them have rusted fuel rails. It starts with siezed fuel lines on the filter, which leads to broken fuel lines, which leads to me messing with a rusted fuel rail, a wrong flex here and I am stuck with a leaky fuel rail.
    Ford says no longer avail on the fuel rail and I can't seem to find it aftermarket.
    Any suggestions

2. kashman

kashman PlowSite.com Addict

had 2 hit mine with pb blaster for 2 week till could change my filter

3. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

You can make those fuel lines.

You just need to go buy some steel line from any auto store and use a pipe bender, cutter and flare tool to make them.

That or you can just install some higher quality rubber fuel line and put barbed ends on the fuel filter. The only risk of that is collapsing the fuel line over time, so I would get the best rubber line you could get.

4. gskara

gskara Junior Member

the only problem with making them is that the rail holds the injectors down.:cry:

5. Newdude

Newdude Senior Member

What year are the trucks? Have you gone to a few dealers? I would think they should be able to check just about every dealer in the state, if not out of state as well. Some dealers may have old stock (again, depending on the year).

6. suzuki0702

suzuki0702 Senior Member

What year trucks are we talking here? my 04 has that style system and i find it hard to believe ford doesnt manufacture those anymore. If thats the case, junkyards gonna be your best bet.

7. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

If it 5.8L or 5.4L

Go to Junkyard.