1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Rookie seeks advice on costs

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by butch74, Oct 24, 2001.

1. butch74

butch74 Junior Member

Live in MI and got a deal on a 89 Ford 150 with a Meyer plow. 1st question. Everything is on it except the wiring. Meyer dealer close, how much should I pay (guess) to have them set it up for me? 2nd What is the ave. to have the fluids drained and filled. 3rd What is the cost of a E-60 pump? Thinking of upgrading w/ tax return. Lastly, I hope to be doing 5-10 small drives, should I beef up the front end. Any advice would be helpful.
  2. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

I think the wiring is about $50. Figure another $50 or so for the hour of labor to wire and test the pump. Then they will probably charge you for another hour to drain, flush, fill and test the pump. Add to this cost, fluid plus any materials. Finally I have seen new E60 pumps in catalogs for under $900. Another option is to buy a new or rebuilt unit. The E60 is a much better unit then the E47. Don't quote me on these prices. I am just thinking roughly what I think the job would take in time to do.
  3. Rooster

Rooster Member
    from Kansas

Check out: http://www.snowplowing-contractors.com/

That is Chuck Smith's page, he is a moderator here, and the best source I know for Meyer equpt.

He has a lot of information on his site.