1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Rookie Question #1

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by wildcatter, Oct 26, 2002.

1. wildcatter

wildcatter Junior Member

I heard that when plowing hard surface....You are suppose to leave the shoes off(Meyer 7.5).....Being a rookie, I don't know if is good advise or a set-up....Any Help Here????

truck1.jpg

2. speedracer241

speedracer241 Senior Member

My plow has never had the shoes on it.
    Not even for the gravel drives I do.:D
    Mark K

3. speedracer241

speedracer241 Senior Member

My plow has never had the shoes on it.
    Not even for the gravel drives I do.:D
    Mark K

ps Welcome to Plowsite and nice setup!!

4. mowahman

mowahman Junior Member

Those shoes make great door stoppers, paper weights, window weights, put the two together, small row boat mooring. I have 4 Fisher plows and have never ran shoes in 26 yrs. If the ground isn't frozen hard, you might have to "feather" the plow so it doesn't dig into the dirt too far.

5. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

Mine are off too, however i think im going to put them back on but keep them raised as high as possible so they dont touch the ground but are on for a little extra weight. I know, I know, they only weigh like 5lbs each but every little bit helps, especially trying to back plow. By the way, very nive looking truck wildcatter. Mike :)