1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by $$snowmoney$$, Oct 20, 2011.

1. $$snowmoney$$

$$snowmoney$$ Junior Member
    from nj

I work in NJ
    I am bidding on a 2.5 acre lot
    It is open no side walks.

I am pricing it $20,000 seasonal
    2 inch trigger and 13 plow visits and 25 salt spreading visits

I do not know if that price is too low or too high??? can you please help me?

I have costs about $380 per acre including employees and subcontractors, salt, gas, etc, its just an estimate.

I am asking you guys because I know you are PROFESSIONAL!!! I appreciate the help.
  2. TCLA

TCLA 2000 Club Member

To answer your question, the client will tell you if your price is too high.

You have room for improvement if your cost to clear and salt one acre is $380.00.
  3. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

I know NJ has higher pricing then I do but I am plowing and salting 1 acre in Ohio for about 150 an acre. So I agree with TCLA, in the fact that you have room for improvment. I know I wouldn't have any customers if I had to charge that kind of money here.
  4. $$snowmoney$$

$$snowmoney$$ Junior Member
    from nj

Thanks for your input.
    So you are saying my costs are too high?
    And my seasonal price is too inflated?

I know i sound like a rookie. But thanks alot for the help :salute:
  5. CGM Inc.

CGM Inc. PlowSite Veteran
    from Ontario

sounds high to me.
  6. TCLA

TCLA 2000 Club Member

Your costs are either out of control, our you haven't figured them out right. I would guess the latter.

I don't know if your price is inflated.