1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

rookie needs help

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by scsalerno, Feb 12, 2005.

1. scsalerno

scsalerno Junior Member

I'm using a 1975 Dodge W200 4WD for plowing at my church.Truck was bought this past fall.A real "beater" if you know what I mean! I need to find
    info like specs on motor size,trans type,any 4WD info.It didn't come with a
    users manual,and I can't find one online anywhere.I've never plowed before and have already found out how to make emergency repairs.(Baptisim by Fire) Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks steve

Last edited: Feb 12, 2005
  2. fergus7

fergus7 Junior Member

dodge info

well if you go to www.google.com and type in dodge W200 all kinds of sites and info comes up it probably has one of the old 318 or bigger engines?? you should be able to get specs online and repair info also.
    regards
    rod

3. Ole JIM

Ole JIM Senior Member

Try--Dodge Trucks--its an Ez-board -SITE-& when YOU do get IT?-a BIG picture of the Dodge RAM will appear!--Fills the Entire Screen--ez-OP runs things there!--a very Knowledgable DODGE GUY!--just ask? & You will get All the Correct INFO!--Ole JIM--

4. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

I hate to be the spoil sport- but I suspect they had optional engines and transmission back then just as they do now so 2 models of the same truck can and probabily will be different. Get a repair manual for the truck (chiltons are adequate and cheap) and it will decode the VIN number telling you what engines is in it.
    What specs do you want to know? The HP or Torque are irrelevent for repairs, the transmission can usually be identified by sight if you know what to look for- in an auto, for example, the shape of the pan tells you. There are references online.

5. scsalerno

scsalerno Junior Member

thanks to all

thank you to all who have replied to my thread.the info was helpful.getting a verifcation of the vin is the hardest part being it doesn't have the 17 digits they want.thanks again and blessings to all.
    steve

6. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

that truck will out live you built tough

7. CrazyCooter

CrazyCooter Senior Member

http://www.cehighperformance.com/dodge_codes.htm#318 TRUCK

give that a shot, or you can give us the vin and we'll figger it out.

8. grotecguy

grotecguy Senior Member