1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

roof wire 2011

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by sfarnsworth, Oct 28, 2011.

1. sfarnsworth

sfarnsworth Junior Member
    from 01420

does anyone know if the factory roff light wirering can be accesed from roof brake light
  2. Plowtoy

Plowtoy Senior Member

your talking about the OE wiring harness for a roof mounted warning light?
    I had to install one on a truck at work, its kind of a pain. The wiring is located (wound up) by the actual switch by the dome light panel above the mirror. You have to take that roof mounted console loose to access the wires, then the rear header panel needs to come down so you can fish the wires to the rear brake light if that's where you want them to exit the truck (that's what i did so i didn't have to drill a hole). Its kind of a pain, but not real horrible. Good luck, Dave
  3. My bowtie

My bowtie Senior Member

I droped the console, then fished a coat hanger toward the rear break light and pulled the wires for my led light bar through thst way...didnt have to drop the liner
  4. sfarnsworth

sfarnsworth Junior Member
    from 01420

thanks guys just ran out of time we got 20" on saturday first time out with 2011 2500hd & fisher xls plow Awsome !!!